The Ultimate Script Template
Supercharge Gamestudio A8 with these libraries
Table of Contents
Gamestudio A8 supercharged.
I used to make a lot of games with a small game engine called Gamestudio A8, an engine in the Quake engine family.
It uses a very bad scripting/programming language called Lite-C, which is a C derivative that has some improvements and a huge ton of compiler bugs. Also Gamestudio is missing a good bunch of useful features in the standard library.
So I initiated a project called The Ultimate Script Template and several community members jumped bandwagon. We created a collection of missing functionality that can be easily integrated into Gamestudio projects and provided functions ranging from additional math functions to fully fledged weather effects and browser integration.
Some of the features (those that are documented) were:
- Animation System (Provides functions to create an easy-to-control animation system)
- Attachments (Provides functions to attach entities to other entities)
- Bitmap processes (Additional bitmap functions)
- Compact Menu (Extendable manager for collapsable menu panels)
- Dynamic Models (Build and combine meshes at runtime)
- Function Timer (Execute a function in a time lapse)
- Hitbox System (Provides functions to create a simplified shape for a character hitbox)
- Input Manager (Provides functions to create a flexible input system)
- Kubus Voxelizer (Provides functions to create levels based on voxels)
- NodeMesh (Node based pathfinder)
- State Machines (Function pointer based state machine collection manager)
- Trash Linked (trash or stack implementation)