Nur Speck und Knoblauch in den Taschen. A meal inspired by the German band InExtremo.
Table of Contents
- Side Dishes
Nur Speck und Knoblauch in den Taschen.
A meal inspired by Song Roter Stern by the German band In Extremo. It’s a derivative of the classic Aglio e Oglio for those who have some belly pork over and want to cook something quick, but tasty.
- Spaghetti (about 100 to 150gr per Person)
- Bacon Strips or Bacon Bits
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Cloves (to your liking, usually one or two is a good choice)
- If not done already, cut bacon into small pegs or bits
- Peel garlic clove(s)
- Chop parsley into fine pieces
- Boil water in a large pot
- Add a good bunch of salt and spaghetti to it
- Heat up a pan and brown the bacon
- Remove the bacon from the pan, but keep the melted fat inside, turn heat down
- When the spaghetti are nearly done, take a cup of the spaghetti water out of your pot
- Drain the spaghetti into a colander and put the spaghetti into the pan
- Add olive oil and some spoons of the spaghetti water to the pan
- Sprinkle the roasted bacon and the parsley over the spaghetti
- Mix well
- Heat it up again, but don’t let it burn
This dish can be served as a side dish, but usually has no own side dishes. But don’t forget your Parmesan!